AMENDED SENIOR CERTIFICATE
(CANDIDATES WHO COMPLETED MATRIC BEFORE 2018)
- Who qualifies for admission to Amended Senior Cetificate (Old Syllabus Matric)?
– Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
– a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
– a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven), stating that they have passed Grade 9 or
Standard 7; or
– a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official
– Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
– Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and
whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
– Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not
complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the
Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
– Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC and whose School-Based
Assessment component has not yet expired may choose to complete the NSC by registering
in January for the 2020 NSC examinations to be written in November, or convert to the Senior
Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert
to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
- What are the requirements for registration?
– Completed registration form
– A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
– Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
– If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will
need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
- How to register for the Amended Senior Examination?
– Register online on www.eservices.gov.za
- When is the closing date for registration?
– 28 February 2021 (Online Registrations)
- What happens to my old matric certificate?
– Upon receiving the new matric certificate, a student has to go to the Department of Education
offices to combine the new certificate with the old certificate.
- When am I going to write the final examination?
– The examination will be written in May/June 2021. The Department of Education will publish the
timetable which will be posted on Umvini website as soon as it is available.
- Will Umvini team help me with registration?
– Yes, we will be available to help you with online registration.